Model: BioTec™ 4
Inhabitants: Up to 25 people
Max daily flow: 5000 litres (5.0m3)
Outside Diameter: 2700mm (2.7m)
Depth: 2600mm (2.6m)
Depth to inlet invert level: 1000mm (605mm on pumped tank)
Fall between inlet & outlet: 100mm
Blower Rating (Watts): 150
Pipe & Fittings: 110mm
BOD5: 20 mg/l
NH4: 20 mg/l
SS: 30 mg/l
This Klargester BioTec™ 4 sewage treatment plant is designed to be an off-main solution for up to 25 people. The BioTec™ range are ideal for single & multiple dwellings and use a well proven aerobic biological trickling filter process to treat wastewater. Due to having no mechanical or electrical components, this BioTec™ 4 sewage treatment plant has low running and maintenance costs and features PPFDS (Pressure Failure Detection System) and HLA (High Level Alarm) as standard.
Product Features at a Glance:
- Treats sewage using a traditional elevated filter
- Suitable for up to a 25 inhabitants
- Can discharge directly to a watercourse - subject to consent and site conditions
- No mechanical or electrical components within the plant
- Low running and maintenance costs
- Compliant with BS EN 12566 (part 3) for assured performance
- CE certified to BS EN 12566-3
- Low level visibility with a lockable child-proof pedestrian duty cover - safe for children and pets
- Controlled ventilation - minimises risk of odour nuisance.
- Easy to install and maintain with annual desludging
- PPFDS and HLA as standard
- Control panel & low voltage beacon
Choose between Gravity discharge or Pumped discharge types. The IPS (integral pump system) models of the BioTec™ 4 sewage treatment plant allows treated water to be pumped to the soakaway area or watercourse, which is ideal for situations where they may be some distance away from the outlet pipe (where the treatment plant releases treated water).
Please Note: All images shown are used for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual product supplied.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does the Klargester BioTec™ 4 work?
A: The Klargester Biotec™ 4 sewage treatment plant uses the well-proven aerobic biological process. Treatment is a three-stage process.
- Coarse solids are filtered and retained for gradual breakdown.
- The resulting liquid is continuously distributed over a plastic suspended filter by an integral lift, powered by a remotely sited blower.
- The solids are allowed to settle and under normal domestic conditions, treated water of 20mg/l BOD, 30mg/l S.S., 20mg/l Ammonia can be achieved.
Q: How is the Klargester BioTec™ 4 installed?
A: The Klargester Biotec™ 4 sewage treatment plant is normally installed in the ground with the cover flush to the surface. It can protrude above ground level if required by site levels.
- The plant should preferably be sited no closer than 7m from the nearest house.
- The plant should be surrounded by concrete and seated on a concrete base.
- The blower housing can be located anywhere within a 13m radius of the system for easy and convenient access.
Q: How easy is the Klargester BioTec™ 4 to maintain?
A: The Klargester Biotec™ 4 sewage treatment plant is designed for low-cost and easy maintenance.
- Under normal usage your Klargester Biotec™ will require periodic emptying.
- Klargester offers a full post installation inspection and after sales service.
- 10-14 working days
- 25+ Persons
- Install Type:
- Large Capacity
- Product Type:
- Sewage Treatment Plant
Free Delivery Restrictions
Delivery to remote areas and offshore locations including Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands & Isles, Isle of Man and Channel Islands may incur additional delivery charges. Contact JDP before checkout, or complete your order online and our team will be in touch to discuss delivery.
If you add additional products to your order delivery charges may apply.