Product Type: Traditional Manhole Chamber Ring
Model Type: IBR (Adaptable)
Internal Diameter: 1500mm
Approx External Diameter: 1710mm
Approx Wall Thickness: 105mm
Chamber Depths Available: 500mm, 750mm & 1000mm
Approx Weight: 643kg, 965kg & 1286kg
Ring Certifications: BS EN 1917, BS 5911-3 & BS 5911-4, BSI Kitemarked
This 1500mm diameter precast concrete manhole ring is designed for the quick and easy construction of a manhole access chamber to sewer and drainage systems.
This is an IBR (Insert blended reinforced) model and is available in 4 chamber depths. It is manufactured as non-stepped ring, but has small reinforced indents/holes built in where step irons can be inserted if/when needed at a later date. They are a flexible middle ground between having to choose whether steps are needed or not at the time of purchase.
Please Note: the concrete rings themselves are not reinforced, only the actual inserts cast into them for the step irons.
According to guidelines from United Utilities, when the distance from ground level to the benching landing area is in excess of 3m, step irons are not permitted and a ladder must be installed. Non-Stepped Chambers are therefore ideal for these situations as a proper ladder system can be installed without obstruction. If unsure about the regulations, please contact our technical team for more advice or consult directly with United Utilities to confirm the relevant specifications for your project.
Product Features at a Glance:
- Strong and robust
- IBR Non-Stepped (adaptable)
- 3 x 50mm diameter lifting eye holes
- Tongue/groove joints for flexible jointing compound or cement mortar
- Reduced construction time on site
- Manufactured to BSEN1917, BSEN5911-3, BSEN5911-4 standards
- BSI Kitemarked
- Surface water drainage manholes
- Sewer system manholes
- Pipeline junctions
- Pipeline direction changes
Customer Notice: Offloading facilities for rings up to 3000mm diameter are available upon request. Suitable lifting bolts for offloading and handling purposes can be purchased here.
Concrete Manhole Rings, also referred to as concrete chamber rings or concrete manhole sections, are used for the construction of access points to both sewage and surface water drainage pipes. These access chambers are usually situated at the beginning and end of a pipe line for inspection or rodding purposes.
They can also often be installed to provide inspection access at any change of direction, diameter or level in a pipeline, or simply at intermediate points along a straight line of pipe.
They provide an excellent alternative to insitu concrete or brick manholes, saving both time and money due to the speed and simplicity of their tongue and groove construction method.
Manufacturer’s Advice: For safety reasons, all chamber sections are loaded and delivered chimney fashion. When offloaded, they should never be stored on their side (on the roll), but should always be laid flat.
Key Features of CPM Concrete Products:
- Quality - Precast concrete drainage products are manufactured in accordance with the relevant BS EN 1916/7, BS EN 5911 and CE marked where applicable. Goods are certified by Quality Assessment under the Kitemark Scheme and ISO 9001:2015.
- Sustainability - Concrete pipeline systems are one of the most sustainable options available, they are manufactured from responsibly sourced materials, and can be made using recycled aggregates and cement replacements.
- Proven Strength - They have a proven life of over 120 years, in normal groundwater conditions, are not weakened by fire or moisture and do not lose their shape. They are resistant to DC4 and impacts such as jetting, so blockages can be cleared easily.
- Installed Cost Savings - Precast concrete pipes are rigid structural elements that do not always require a full granular surround, saving time in bedding and compaction. Excavated material can be reused and imported granular material can be reduced to a minimum.
- Durability - Due to the inherent strength and durability of the Marshalls CPM precast concrete products, they are highly abrasion and corrosion resistant and don't lose strength over time.
- Design Flexibility - Precast concrete drainage products can be used for a number of purposes, including sewerage and sustainable urban drainage systems (SuDS) applications such as stormwater attenuation and storage.
- Water Tightness - Concrete pipes and manholes are designed to be watertight and are tested to pressure levels equivalent to a 5 metre head of water.
- Fire Resistant - Concrete is naturally fire resistant.
Please Note: All dimensions and weights are approximate as concrete product dimensions can have slight variations due to their manufacturing process. Customers should ensure that lifting equipment has sufficient capacity to allow for variations. All images shown are used for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual product supplied.
- 16-20 working days
- Product Type:
- Manhole Chamber Ring
- Install Type:
- IBR (Adaptable)
- Marshalls CPM
- Nominal Size: