Solid wall 20mm blue MDPE (also known as alkathene) pipe coil suitable for below ground potable water mains supply distribution.
12.5 bar maximum operating pressure. SDR 9-rated. 2.3mm wall thickness. WRAS approved & complies with BS EN 12201.
- Flexible, lightweight and easy to install
- Corrosion free material for longer life
- Colour-coded PE80 light blue exterior, PE80 black inner layer
- Fully compatible with a range of push-fit fittings from JDP
- Suitable for open-cut and no-dig installation methods and for use in pipeline rehabilitation projects
Use 20mm pipe inserts and compression couplings & fittings to create a mains water supply network underground.
In a domestic UK property the standard service pipe size is 25mm blue MDPE. Check with your local water authority's requirements.
Use black HDPE for above ground water distribution instead of blue MDPE.
BSI approved (Kitemarked) to BS EN 12201-2:2011 + A1:2013. Approved under regulation 31 of the Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 2000.
BS EN 12201 replaced BS 6572 and is the latest standard for plastic pipe systems for water supply. If BS 6572 is specified, use BS EN 12201 pipework.
Approx. Diameter x Depth (Weight)
- 25m: 750 x 100mm (3.5kg)
- 50m: 800 x 100mm (7kg)
- 100m: 900 x 150mm (14kg)
- 150m: 950 x 200mm (21kg)
- MDPE Size: