Solid wall 32mm blue MDPE (also known as alkathene) pipe coil suitable for below ground potable water mains supply distribution.
12.5 bar maximum operating pressure. SDR 11-rated. 3mm wall thickness. WRAS approved & complies with BS EN 12201.
- Flexible, lightweight and easy to install
- Corrosion free material for longer life
- Colour-coded PE80 light blue exterior, PE80 black inner layer
- Fully compatible with a range of push-fit fittings from JDP
- Suitable for open-cut and no-dig installation methods and for use in pipeline rehabilitation projects
Where 40m to 100m of continuous below ground water supply pipe is required 32mm blue MDPE is typically used. However, check with your local water authority as distances vary.
Use 32mm pipe inserts and compression couplings & fittings to create a mains water supply network underground. Use black HDPE for above ground water distribution instead of blue MDPE.
BSI approved (Kitemarked) to BS EN 12201-2:2011 + A1:2013. Approved under regulation 31 of the Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 2000.
BS EN 12201 replaced BS 6572 and is the latest standard for plastic pipe systems for water supply. If BS 6572 is specified, use BS EN 12201 pipework.
Approx. Diameter x Depth (Weight)
- 25m: 1000 x 150mm (7kg)
- 50m: 1000 x 185mm (15kg)
- 100m: 1000 x 250mm (30kg)
- 150m: 1100 x 300mm (45kg)