Solid wall 50mm blue MDPE (also known as alkathene) pipe coil suitable for below ground potable water mains supply distribution.
50mm blue water pipe is typically used where 100m to 800m of continuous below ground water supply pipe is required. However, check with your local water authority as distances vary. Manufactured from MDPE.
12.5 bar maximum operating pressure. SDR 11-rated. 4.6mm wall thickness. WRAS approved & complies with BS EN 12201.
- Flexible, lightweight and easy to install
- Corrosion free material for longer life
- Colour-coded PE80 light blue exterior, PE80 black inner layer
- Fully compatible with a range of push-fit fittings from JDP
- Suitable for open-cut and no-dig installation methods and for use in pipeline rehabilitation projects
Use 50mm pipe inserts/liners and compression couplings & fittings to create a mains water supply network underground. Use black HDPE for above ground water distribution instead of blue MDPE.
BSI approved (Kitemarked) to BS EN 12201-2:2011 + A1:2013. Approved under regulation 31 of the Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 2000.
BS EN 12201 replaced BS 6572 and is the latest standard for plastic pipe systems for water supply. If BS 6572 is specified, use BS EN 12201 pipework.
Approx. Diameter x Depth (Weight)
- 25m: 1550 x 150mm (17.5kg)
- 50m: 1600 x 220mm (35kg)
- 100m: 1850 x 300mm (70kg)