Product Type: Soakaway Chamber Ring
Model Type: Stepped
Internal Diameter: 2700mm
Approx External Diameter: 3000mm
Approx Wall Thickness: 150mm
Chamber Depths Available: 500mm, 750mm & 1000mm
Approx Weights: 1700kg, 2550kg, 3400kg
No. of Soakaway Holes: 16, 24, 32
Soakaway Hole Size: 75mm
No. of Steps per Chamber: 2, 3 & 4
Ring Certifications: BS EN 1917, BS 5911-3 & BS 5911-4, BSI Kitemarked
This 2700mm diameter precast concrete soakaway ring is designed for use in surface water drainage systems to help deal with excess levels of storm water locally. Manufactured from strong, robust concrete with tongue and groove joints for the quick and easy construction of a soakaway chamber that requires no additional concrete surround. Each ring is perforated with 32 x 75mm holes per meter depth, providing a minimum area of exfiltration of 50,000mm² per meter nominal diameter per meter of depth.
This is a Stepped model, available in 3 chamber depths, and is therefore ideal for installations where the distance from ground level to the benching landing area is up to, but does not exceed, 3m.
Product Features at a Glance:
- Strong and robust
- Fitted with Double Width Step Irons
- 3 x 50mm diameter lifting eye holes
- 32 x 75mm soakaway holes p/m depth
- Tongue/groove joints for flexible jointing compound or cement mortar
- Doesn't require additional concrete surround
- Reduced construction time on site
- Manufactured to BSEN1917, BSEN5911-3, BSEN5911-4 standards
- BSI Kitemarked
Customer Advice: It is important to ensure that the base of any soakaway chamber is constructed on a level gradient to avoid water collecting in low points which can lead to sediment forming blockages.
Concrete Soakaway Chambers, also known as Perforated Concrete Manhole Rings, are a key component for Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SuDS). The provide a simple solution to help deal with high levels of storm water, that might otherwise cause flooding, by encouraging ground water recharge. This is the process by which water moves down from surface water to ground water. This in turn then helps to reduce the impact on existing storm water networks.
The correct sizing of a soakaway chamber depends on numerous factors, from the size of the area to be drained, to the type of soil it will be installed in. For this reason, we would recommend that customers speak to a member of our technical team to ensure they get the right products for their project.
Manufacturer’s Advice: For safety reasons, all chamber sections are loaded and delivered chimney fashion. When offloaded, they should never be stored on their side (on the roll), but should always be laid flat. Offloading facilities for rings up to 3000mm diameter are available upon request. Suitable lifting bolts for offloading and handling purposes can be purchased here.
The Double Width Steps fitted in all CPM Stepped Chamber Rings are manufactured using virgin polypropylene copolymer plastic and reinforced with structural carbon steel. Polypropylene is used in the manufacture of car battery cases, which shows how resistant it is to concentrated sulphuric acid.
Key Features of Double Width Step Irons:
- Bright colours ensure high visibility
- No sharp edges
- Extremely corrosion resistant
- High tensile carbon steel
- BS EN 13101, CE marked and Kitemarked
Customer Advice: For installations where the distance from ground level to the benching landing area is in excess of 3m, step irons are not permitted under United Utilities guidelines and a ladder must be installed. If unsure about the regulations, please contact our technical team for more advice or consult directly with United Utilities to confirm the relevant specifications for your project.
Key Features of CPM Concrete Products:
- Quality - Precast concrete drainage products are manufactured in accordance with the relevant BS EN 1916/7, BS EN 5911 and CE marked where applicable. Goods are certified by Quality Assessment under the Kitemark Scheme and ISO 9001:2015.
- Sustainability - Concrete pipeline systems are one of the most sustainable options available, they are manufactured from responsibly sourced materials, and can be made using recycled aggregates and cement replacements.
- Proven Strength - They have a proven life of over 120 years, in normal groundwater conditions, are not weakened by fire or moisture and do not lose their shape. They are resistant to DC4 and impacts such as jetting, so blockages can be cleared easily.
- Installed Cost Savings - Precast concrete pipes are rigid structural elements that do not always require a full granular surround, saving time in bedding and compaction. Excavated material can be reused and imported granular material can be reduced to a minimum.
- Durability - Due to the inherent strength and durability of the Marshalls CPM precast concrete products, they are highly abrasion and corrosion resistant and don't lose strength over time.
- Design Flexibility - Precast concrete drainage products can be used for a number of purposes, including sewerage and sustainable urban drainage systems (SuDS) applications such as stormwater attenuation and storage.
- Water Tightness - Concrete pipes and manholes are designed to be watertight and are tested to pressure levels equivalent to a 5 metre head of water.
- Fire Resistant - Concrete is naturally fire resistant.
Please Note: All dimensions and weights are approximate as concrete product dimensions can have slight variations due to their manufacturing process. Customers should ensure that lifting equipment has sufficient capacity to allow for variations. All images shown are used for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual product supplied.
- 16-20 working days
- Product Type:
- Soakaway Chamber Ring
- Install Type:
- Marshalls CPM
- Nominal Size: