Product Type: Concrete Pipe Bend
Angle of Bend: 45 degrees
Nominal Diameters: 225mm - 1200mm
Effective Lengths: 600mm - 1250mm
Approx Weights: 58kg - 1920kg
This 45 degree concrete pipe bend is designed to be part of a flexible joint system. It comes in a variety of diameters and lengths to suit CPM’s range of Flexible Jointed Concrete Pipes. Precast concrete bends are manufactured by cutting pipes into two or three segments and joining them together at the required angle using an epoxy resin.
Product Features at a Glance:
- Available in multiple diameters
- Jointing types match the chosen pipe diameter
- Same Spigot & Socket design
The effective length and approximate weight of the this bend is entirely dependent on the diameter chosen. Please consult the table below for specific dimensions of the size options available.
|Nominal Diameter||Effective Length||Approximate Weight*|
| *All figures in this table are provided by the manufacturer.
Manufacturers Advice: Please read the following installation advice regarding the two types of seal this pipe bend will be supplied with depending on the diameter size chosen:-
Rolling Ring Joints: Lubricants MUST NOT be used where rolling joint rings are supplied. When the spigot is connected to the socket, the seal intentionally rolls and creates a broad contact area enabling an excellent joint to be formed.
Integral Seal Joints: The use of CPM lubricant is strongly recommended with the CPM integral jointed pipe system. Non-compliance may result in installation problems for which JDP nor CPM can accept no responsibility.
Sewers for Adoption (7th Edition) states that, when a manhole is installed along a pipeline, allowances must be made for any differential settlement between the manhole and pipeline. This can be achieved with a flexible jointing system. This pipe can be connected to a manhole with short lengths of either Spigot/Socket Butt Pipes and/or Rocker pipes which adds some flex into a drainage system and thereby allows for settlement of the ground at different rates.
Marshalls CPM precast concrete pipes have a design life of 120 years, ensuring that lifetime costs are kept to a minimum. All precast concrete pipes are manufactured to class 4 (DC4) sulphate resistance in accordance with the recommendations of BRE Special Digest.
However, concrete pipe bends may not necessarily have the same load-bearing capacity as the pipes with which they are to be laid. It is therefore recommended that they should be surrounded by suitably designed in-situ concrete where significant load conditions have to be met, or where anchorage of the pipeline is required. Bends have the same manufactured internal diameter and wall thickness as the pipes with which they are to be laid.
Customer Advice: All bends are manufactured to ± 4º Tolerance.
Key Features of CPM Concrete Products:
- Quality - Precast concrete drainage products are manufactured in accordance with the relevant BS EN 1916/7, BS EN 5911 and CE marked where applicable. Goods are certified by Quality Assessment under the Kitemark Scheme and ISO 9001:2015.
- Sustainability - Concrete pipeline systems are one of the most sustainable options available, they are manufactured from responsibly sourced materials, and can be made using recycled aggregates and cement replacements.
- Proven Strength - They have a proven life of over 120 years, in normal groundwater conditions, are not weakened by fire or moisture and do not lose their shape. They are resistant to DC4 and impacts such as jetting, so blockages can be cleared easily.
- Installed Cost Savings - Precast concrete pipes are rigid structural elements that do not always require a full granular surround, saving time in bedding and compaction. Excavated material can be reused and imported granular material can be reduced to a minimum.
- Durability - Due to the inherent strength and durability of the Marshalls CPM precast concrete products, they are highly abrasion and corrosion resistant and don't lose strength over time.
- Design Flexibility - Precast concrete drainage products can be used for a number of purposes, including sewerage and sustainable urban drainage systems (SuDS) applications such as stormwater attenuation and storage.
- Water Tightness - Concrete pipes and manholes are designed to be watertight and are tested to pressure levels equivalent to a 5 metre head of water.
- Fire Resistant - Concrete is naturally fire resistant.
Please Note: All dimensions and weights are approximate as concrete product dimensions can have slight variations due to their manufacturing process. Customers should ensure that lifting equipment has sufficient capacity to allow for variations. All images shown are used for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual product supplied.
- Up to 10 working days
- Product Type:
- Concrete Pipe Bend
- Marshalls CPM
- Nominal Size: