Model: BioFicient 1
Inhabitants: Up to 6 people
Depth to inlet invert level: 500-810mm
Depth to outlet invert level: 600-910mm Gravity / 555-865mm Pumped
Pipe & Fittings: 110mm
BOD5: 20 mg/l
NH4: 0.4 mg/l
SS: 27 mg/l
This Klargester BioFicient 1 sewage treatment plant is specially designed to be a shallow dig, off-mains solution for up to 6 people. With its low profile cover and adjustable extension neck, it allows for a unobtrusive below ground installation that can save on-site installation time and costs. It also offers low running costs, high performance and low maintenance.
The BioFicient 1 model is manufactured from polyethylene, a lightweight tank making it easy to install in problematic site conditions, and is suitable for properties and applications of up to 6 inhabitants.
Product Features at a Glance:
- Minimal visual impact
- Gravity or pumped discharge options available
- High performance compressor
- Low energy use at 189.8 kWh/year
- One of the best ammonium reduction (0.4mg/l)
- Can be installed in trafficked areas (structural advice required)
- Easy installation
- Shallow dig structure saves installation time and cost
- BS EN 12566-2 certified
- CE marked
Choose between Gravity discharge or Pumped discharge types. The IPS (integral pump system) model of the BioFicient 1 sewage treatment plant allows treated water to be pumped to the soakaway area or watercourse, which is ideal for situations where they may be some distance away from the outlet pipe (where the treatment plant releases treated water).
- Single & Multiple Homes
- Barn Conversion
- Small Office Development
- Stable Yard Toilet
- Offices & Light Industrial Premises
Please Note: All images shown are used for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual product supplied.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does the Klargester BioFicient 1 work?
A: In the Klargester BioFicient 1, the moving aerated media process used is a compact development of the traditional biological process and provides a more effective and complete means of reducing the loads.
- Raw sewage gravitates to the unit where it is received in the primary settlement zone. Here, gross solids and other social debris settle to the bottom of the tank where they remain until the tank requires desludging. Settled sewage is displaced from primary zone and enters the first of two sequential moving aerated media reactors.
- Media and liquid circulation in each zone is achieved through the use of a compressor and diffuser, which introduces fresh air into each compartment. The liquor is constantly re-circulated and contacts the moving media and as it does so, it is purified by the microorganisms (biomass) growing on the surface of the media and within the moving liquor. Excess growth of biomass is shed as solid particles into the liquor.
- The final settlement tank is where humus solids settle to form sludge. At preset intervals, portions of the sludge and liquor are returned to the primary tank for additional treatment.
- Final effluent is displaced from the final settlement tank. With regulator approval, it is suitable for discharge to a watercourse or drainage field.
Q: How easy is the Klargester BioFicient 1 to maintain?
A: The Klargester BioFicient 1 sewage treatment plant is designed for low-cost and easy maintenance.
- Under normal usage your Klargester BioFicient will require periodic emptying.
- Klargester offers a full post installation inspection and after sales service.
- 5-7 working days
- 5-12 Persons
- Install Type:
- Product Type:
- Sewage Treatment Plant
Delivery to remote areas and offshore locations including Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands & Isles, Isle of Man and Channel Islands may incur additional delivery charges. Contact JDP before checkout, or complete your order online and our team will be in touch to discuss delivery.
If you add additional products to your order delivery charges may apply.