Product Type: House Inspection Chamber (HIC)
Model Type: Banded
Clear Opening Size: 600x450mm
External Dimensions: 700x550mm
Chamber Depth: 150mm
Wall Thickness: 50mm
Unit Weight: 45kg
Available Pack Sizes: 16’s only
This 600x450x150mm precast concrete section is designed for the construction of a domestic house inspection chamber. It can also be used to quickly build a chamber to access utility valves, hydrants or other pipework.
Manufactured with a tongue and groove joint, this section can be easily and securely stacked on top of others and sealed with either sand and cement mortar or bitumen sealant.
Product Features at a Glance:
- Easy to handle and quick to build
- Tongue and groove joint for stacking
- Traditionally used in favour of brick-built chambers.
- This chamber is non-man entry and steps are not required.
- Concrete sections to take dug out material or concrete backfill.
- Manufactured to BS EN 1917:2002 / BS 5911-4:2002.
Customer Notice: HIC sections are banded in pack sizes and cannot be split: 600x450x150 = 16's, 600x450x225 =10's, 600x450x300 = 8's, 750x600x150 = 8's, 750x600x225 = 5's, 750x600x300 = 4's, 1000x675x150 = 8's, 1000x675x225 = 5's.
House Inspection Chambers are economic, versatile and designed to meet the demands of domestic drainage installation. They are easy to handle and install, with the necessary below ground excavation level kept to a minimum.
To complete the HIC built with these chamber sections, take a look at our range of Top Sections designed for either metal cover and frames or complete with concrete covers.
The Marshalls CPM range of precast concrete inspection chambers are available in a variety of depths and are manufactured to BS EN1917 / BS 5911-4.
Manufacturer’s Advice: For depths in excess of 1.5m the use of a concrete surround is recommended.
Key Features of CPM Concrete Products:
- Quality - Precast concrete drainage products are manufactured in accordance with the relevant BS EN 1916/7, BS EN 5911 and CE marked where applicable. Goods are certified by Quality Assessment under the Kitemark Scheme and ISO 9001:2015.
- Sustainability - Concrete pipeline systems are one of the most sustainable options available, they are manufactured from responsibly sourced materials, and can be made using recycled aggregates and cement replacements.
- Proven Strength - They have a proven life of over 120 years, in normal groundwater conditions, are not weakened by fire or moisture and do not lose their shape. They are resistant to DC4 and impacts such as jetting, so blockages can be cleared easily.
- Installed Cost Savings - Precast concrete pipes are rigid structural elements that do not always require a full granular surround, saving time in bedding and compaction. Excavated material can be reused and imported granular material can be reduced to a minimum.
- Durability - Due to the inherent strength and durability of the Marshalls CPM precast concrete products, they are highly abrasion and corrosion resistant and don't lose strength over time.
- Design Flexibility - Precast concrete drainage products can be used for a number of purposes, including sewerage and sustainable urban drainage systems (SuDS) applications such as stormwater attenuation and storage.
- Water Tightness - Concrete pipes and manholes are designed to be watertight and are tested to pressure levels equivalent to a 5 metre head of water.
- Fire Resistant - Concrete is naturally fire resistant.
Please Note: All dimensions and weights are approximate as concrete product dimensions can have slight variations due to their manufacturing process. Customers should ensure that lifting equipment has sufficient capacity to allow for variations. All images shown are used for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual product supplied.
- Up to 10 working days
- Product Type:
- Inspection Chamber
- Marshalls CPM
- Nominal Size: