Product Type: Rubber Drainage Coupler
Model Type: Standard
External Diameter: 85-100mm
Material: EPDM Rubber (sleeve)
Stainless Steel (shear band)
Pressure Tightness: 2.5 bar
Temperature Resistance: -40°C to +120°C (temporary max. temp +160°C)
Standards: BS EN 16397: Parts 1 and 2, ETA-09/0248, WIS 4-41-01
Approx. Weight: 0.5kg
This Mission standard coupler is primarily designed for jointing pipes in sewerage, drainage and other non-pressure applications. Suitable for pipes within a 85-100mm size range, this drainage coupler will resist an internal water pressure of 2.5 bar and complies with the requirements of Water Industry Specification WIS 4-41-01.
Due to its robust design, this flexible drainage coupler has the ability to provide a reliable seal on any pipe material whether rough (e.g. concrete) or smooth (e.g. PVCu). It has a centre shear band which provides resistance against heavy earth loads and shear forces, helping to ensure pipe alignment with joint flexibility.
Product Features at a Glance:
- EPDM rubber, 304 s/s, 2.5 bar
- The thickness of the rubber sleeve allows for greater flexibility and the ability to withstand an internal water pressure of 2.5 bar on pipes such as ductile iron and plastic.
- The new “locked-in-place” profile of the rubber sleeve ensures that both end clamps and shear band remain securely in place during transportation to the job site.
- The elimination of spot-welds on the shear band and their replacement with fasteners using TOX ® technology enhances the corrosion resistance of the couplings. Uses
- Ideal for use:
- As a joint for plain ended pipe.
- Where a post connection is required to an existing drain or sewer.
- For the repair of existing pipelines by the insertion of a new length of pipe.
- As an adaptor between pipes of different diameter or materials. (Where the difference in diameter exceeds 12mm a bush should be used if an Adaptor Coupling is not available).
- Jointing short or cut lengths of pipe.
- Provision of rocker pipes adjacent to structures.
Manufacturer’s Notice: The necessary compression of the rubber sleeve can only be guaranteed by a proper positioning of the stainless steel components.
Mission Flexible Drainage Fittings
Mission Rubber (UK) Ltd is part of the worldwide Mission Rubber group of companies who, over 50 years ago, invented the flexible rubber coupling for the sewerage, drainage and plumbing industries. Since then Mission has grown to become the world´s No 1 manufacturer of rubber flexible couplings with manufacturing plants in both America and Europe, and distributors worldwide.
Flexible rubber drainage fittings offer a perfect solution to joining pipes of various materials in drainage, sewerage and plumbing installations. They consist of a rubber body with stainless bands that enable them to compress down uniformly, onto different sizes and types of pipe, to form a reliable, airtight and watertight seal. It is a robust design that is aided, in some couplers, by a centre shear band which provides resistance against heavy earth loads and shear forces, helping to ensure pipe alignment with joint flexibility.
Flexible rubber fittings are ideal for joining plastic drainage pipes to other drainage materials such as clay, concrete, twinwall, stainless steel, cast iron and pitch fibre.
Key Features of Mission Fittings:
- Unique “Lock In Place” Rubber Profile
- Made from EPDM rubber
- Ensures clamps and shear band are properly positioned
- Remain firmly in place during transit, stocking or installation on site
- Internal stepped sealing lines achieve a better sealing effect
- Additional EPDM sealing material can be compressed through sealing lines - giving special advantage for sewer pipes with rough surfaces e.g. concrete pipes
- TOX - TECHNOLOGY Clinching Process
- No spot welding of clamps to the shear band- heat created during the welding process burns the stainless steel
- Eliminates negative aspects associated with spot welding
- Bond meets or exceeds all relevant tensile strength and shear requirements
- Incorporated in the shear bands on all Mission couplings
Please Note: All images shown are used for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual product supplied.
- 1 - 3 working days
- Product Type:
- Drainage fitting
- Install Type:
- Standard Coupler