Product Type: Concrete Cover Slab
Model Type: Central Access Opening
Chamber DN: 900mm
Overall DN: 1040mm
Maximum Thickness: 150mm
Manhole Access Sizes: 600x600mm, 675x675mm & 700x600mm
Approx Weight: 240kg, 235kg & 160kg
This reinforced concrete cover slab is designed for use as a cap for concrete manhole chamber rings that have a 900mm nominal diameter. When installed, it provides an ideal base for a seating/adjusting ring and the fitting of a suitable manhole cover and frame.
This is a Central Access model, which means the manhole opening is positioned at the centre of the cover slab, and Type 2 design, which means it fits flush to the chamber ring without any overhang. It also benefits from cast in lifting rungs to aid in the safe positioning of the cover onsite.
It is available with either a 600x600mm, 675x675mm or 700x600mm central access opening, all of which have 75mm corner chamfers.
Product Features at a Glance:
- Multiple openings available
- Central access positioning
- Cast in lifting rungs
- Fits flush to the chamber ring
- Manufactured from reinforced concrete
- Heavy duty loading, suitable for use in main roads
Customer Notice: Cover slab access openings are 150mm from inside of chamber wall position unless otherwise stated.
Concrete cover slabs, also referred to as “biscuits", reducing slabs and lids, are used to complete the main shaft construction of a manhole chamber. Sitting on top of the chamber rings, they create a single access opening for maintenance purposes.
As well as acting as a platform to cap the manhole chamber, they also provide a base for any regulating brickwork or seating/adjusting units prior to finishing with the manhole lid.
Key Features of CPM Concrete Products:
- Quality - Precast concrete drainage products are manufactured in accordance with the relevant BS EN 1916/7, BS EN 5911 and CE marked where applicable. Goods are certified by Quality Assessment under the Kitemark Scheme and ISO 9001:2015.
- Sustainability - Concrete pipeline systems are one of the most sustainable options available, they are manufactured from responsibly sourced materials, and can be made using recycled aggregates and cement replacements.
- Proven Strength - They have a proven life of over 120 years, in normal groundwater conditions, are not weakened by fire or moisture and do not lose their shape. They are resistant to DC4 and impacts such as jetting, so blockages can be cleared easily.
- Installed Cost Savings - Precast concrete pipes are rigid structural elements that do not always require a full granular surround, saving time in bedding and compaction. Excavated material can be reused and imported granular material can be reduced to a minimum.
- Durability - Due to the inherent strength and durability of the Marshalls CPM precast concrete products, they are highly abrasion and corrosion resistant and don't lose strength over time.
- Design Flexibility - Precast concrete drainage products can be used for a number of purposes, including sewerage and sustainable urban drainage systems (SuDS) applications such as stormwater attenuation and storage.
- Water Tightness - Concrete pipes and manholes are designed to be watertight and are tested to pressure levels equivalent to a 5 metre head of water.
- Fire Resistant - Concrete is naturally fire resistant.
Please Note: All dimensions and weights are approximate as concrete product dimensions can have slight variations due to their manufacturing process. Customers should ensure that lifting equipment has sufficient capacity to allow for variations. All images shown are used for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual product supplied.
- 16-20 working days
- Product Type:
- Manhole Cover Slab
- Marshalls CPM
- Nominal Size: