Material: Ductile Iron
Clear Opening: 900mm x 900mm
Overall Frame Size: 1130mm x 1130mm
Frame Depth: 100mm
Load Duty: 400kN
British Standard Class: D400
This WREKiN Highway D400 Access Cover is designed to meet the enhanced requirements of national highway authorities’ HA 104/09 specification. It conforms to BS EN 124:2015 requirements and also includes patented safety provisions and design features that ensure safe and robust performance. Manufactured from Ductile Iron, a unique form of iron which is treated before the casting process, it is an exceptionally strong and durable cover with high impact resistance.
Ideally suited for use in areas where cars and lorries have access, including:
- Hard Shoulders
- Pedestrian areas
The UK Highway Agency recognised the limitations of BS EN 124:2015 and accordingly produced its own specification in the form of HA104/02 later revised to /09. This specification requires some specific design features such as lifting points and enlarged frame flanges. WREKiN’s Highway range of Access covers were then designed to fully meet all these requirements.
- Designed for use in a Group 4 Class D400 carriageway environment
- Compliant with BS EN 124
- Third party certified by BSI (Kitemarked)
- Patented frame design with enlarged frame corners that help dissipate load
- Complies with UK Highways Authority specification HA 104/09 with enlarged frame flanges and corners and the inclusion of lifting points
- A patented safety keyway prevents accidental disengagement during the lifting operation. Also compatible with standard D400 lifting keys.
- Three point suspension on covers for non-rock stability
- Indexed covers ensure correct fitting
- Manufactured from strong and highly durable ductile iron
- Mechanical lifting points
Please Note: All images shown are used for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual product supplied.
- 1 - 3 working days