Product Type: Sealed Manhole Chamber Ring
Model Type: Non-Stepped
Internal Diameter: 1200mm
Approx External Diameter: 1380mm
Approx Wall Thickness: 130mm
Chamber Depths Available: 250mm, 500mm, 750mm & 1000mm
Approx Weights: 330kg, 650kg, 975kg & 1300kg
Ring Certifications: BS EN 1917, BS 5911-3 & BS 5911-4, BSI Kitemarked
This 1200mm sealed manhole chamber ring is designed to form part of CPM's Perfect Manhole System. It has a thicker wall than standard manhole rings, meaning that it does not require a concrete surround (unless otherwise specified for the project), and a rubber seal which combine to form a watertight structure.
This is a Non-Stepped model and is available in 4 chamber depths. According to guidelines from United Utilities, when the distance from ground level to the benching landing area is in excess of 3m, step irons are not permitted and a ladder must be installed. Non-Stepped Chambers are therefore ideal for these situations as a proper ladder system can be installed without obstruction. If unsure about the regulations, please contact our technical team for more advice or consult directly with United Utilities to confirm the relevant specifications for your project.
Alternatively, check out CPM's range of IBR (Insert Blended Reinforced) Perfect Manhole Rings which are manufactured as non-stepped rings, but have small indents/holes built in where steps can be inserted if/when needed. They are a flexible middle ground between having to choose whether steps are needed or not at the time of purchase.
Product Features at a Glance:
- Strong and robust
- Thicker walls than standard rings
- Doesn't require additional concrete surround
- Forms a watertight structure
- No water ingress into sewage network reduces treatment costs
- Reduced construction time on site
- Manufactured to BSEN1917, BSEN5911-3, BSEN5911-4 standards
- BSI Kitemarked
- Surface water drainage manholes
- Sewer system manholes
- Pipeline junctions
- Pipeline direction changes
Concrete Manhole Rings, also referred to as concrete chamber rings or concrete manhole sections, are used for the construction of access points to both sewage and surface water drainage pipes. These access chambers are usually situated at the beginning and end of a pipe line for inspection or rodding purposes. They can also often be installed to provide inspection access at any change of direction, diameter or level in a pipeline, or simply at intermediate points along a straight line of pipe.
The CPM Perfect Manhole System is comprised of a monolithic precast concrete base, a sealed chamber ring, a rubber joint (so no tokstrip or similar product is required) and a sealed cover slab. This unique range of products are designed and manufactured to last a minimum of 120 years and give up to 40% savings on greenhouse gases compared to traditional manhole construction. They eliminate the need of ready mixed concrete to form the traditional base, chamber benching and further concrete to surround the manhole.
A complete manhole can be installed in as little as 30 minutes, helps ensure safe site practice by reducing the need to work in confined spaces and eliminates the need for wet trades resulting in rapid construction compared to traditional methods as well as a reduction in the time the excavation is open.
Manufacturer’s Advice: For safety reasons, all chamber sections are loaded and delivered chimney fashion. When offloaded, they should never be stored on their side (on the roll), but should always be laid flat. Perfect Manhole rings require special lifting equipment as standard chamber ring lifting bolts do not work on this product. 1200 Sling set or 1500 sling set depending on diameter, or 2.5T lifting heads or 5t lifting heads with customers slings.
Key Features of the CPM Perfect Manhole System:
- Safer construction – No requirement to work in confined spaces. No requirement to form a concrete surround. Reduction of open excavation.
- GHG Savings – Up to 40% savings on GHG emissions compared with traditional build.
- Fast installation – The modular solution eliminates the need for wet trades resulting in rapid construction compared to conventional methods.
- Thicker Walls – No need to surround in concrete unless specifically required.
- Watertight – The combination of a thicker wall and rubber joints ensures a watertight structure.
- No water ingress into sewerage network reduces treatment costs – The combination of a 130mm wall and sealed rubber joint to withstand a minimum of 5m / head pressure*.
- No ex-filtration – the seal prevents raw sewage or dirty water from escaping into the surrounding area.
- Combined seal includes load distributor – Load distribution ensures even distribution of vertical loads**.
- Allows joint inspection – Correct installation can be visually confirmed.
- Base options – available pre-benched or plain bottom with or without inlet/outlets.
- Flexible connections – The perfect manhole can connect to plastic, clay or concrete giving you a larger choice.
- Fully tested under factory conditions – The whole system from base to cover slab is subject to testing.
- Kitemarked solution manufactured under factory conditions – Complies with the requirements of BSEN 1917 and BS5911-3.
- Concrete for Life – Built to last. High quality durable concrete with a minimum 120 year design life.
- Customer choice - The perfect manhole is available with or without double steps. Sealed chamber rings can be used without the perfect base.
- Marshalls CPM Perfect Manhole is accepted for use by all major UK companies and is included in Sewers for Adoption.
*Watertightness is defined in BS EN 1917 as resisting a 5m head for 15 minutes, this is to simulate a temporary surcharge condition not a permanent head of water.
**Shafts in high water tables are subject to buoyancy effects. For further information please contact our technical team.
Please Note: All dimensions and weights are approximate as concrete product dimensions can have slight variations due to their manufacturing process. Customers should ensure that lifting equipment has sufficient capacity to allow for variations. All images shown are used for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual product supplied.
- Up to 10 working days
- Product Type:
- Manhole Chamber Ring
- Install Type:
- Marshalls CPM
- Nominal Size: