Model: BioDisc BA
Inhabitants: Up to 6 people
Height: 2160mm (+300mm 750mm invert / +800mm 1250mm invert)
Depth to inlet invert level: 450/750/1250mm
Depth to outlet invert level: 1315mm
Pipe & Fittings: 110mm
BOD5: 8 mg/l
SS: 13 mg/l
NH4: 4 mg/l
Phosphate: 2 mg/l
The Klargester BioDisc® treats wastewater to one the highest levels of standards in sewage treatment plants. It is the only packaged sewage treatment plant utilising Rotating Biological Contractor (RBC) technology - banks of vacuum-formed polypropylene media - that lowers running costs, increases performance, and offers a low carbon footprint of operation.
Product Features at a Glance:
- Lowest running and maintenance costs of sewage treatment models in its class
- No noise or odours
- Low profile cover for minimal visual impact
- 450, 750 & 1250mm invert options for complex site conditions
- Pumped outlet option also available
- Control panel issues an immediate alert when a problem occurs
- Single-phase standard power supply
- Certified to BS EN 12566-3
The BioDisc® BA model is suitable for single dwellings, compliant with UK building regulations, as well as barn/outbuilding conversions, small office developments and property with drainage systems not connected to mains sewerage systems.
Please Note: All images shown are used for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual product supplied.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does the Klargester BioDisc® BA work?
A: Central to the operation of the Klargester BioDisc® BA is the Rotating Biological Contactor (RBC), which supports a biologically active film or biomass on to which aerobic micro-organisms, naturally found in sewage, become established. Natural breakdown of sewage can then occur as described below.
- Wastewater and sewage flows into the primary settlement zone (1) where solids are settled out and retained. This accumulated sludge should be drawn out periodically.
- Partially clarified liquor containing fine suspended solids flows upwards into the first stage Biozone (2) for breaking down by micro-organisms on the RBC. Suspended solids return to the primary settlement zone and the liquor is transferred to the second stage Biozone (3) for further treatment.
- Any solids remaining are settled out in the final settlement tank (4) . The very high effluent quality is discharged to a watercourse.
- The RBC comprises banks of vacuum formed polypropylene media supported by a steel shaft. This is slowly rotated by a low energy consumption electric motor and drive assembly.
Q: How easy is the Klargester BioDisc® BA to maintain?
A: The Klargester BioDisc® BA sewage treatment plant is designed for low-cost and easy maintenance.
- Under normal usage your Klargester BioDisc® will require periodic emptying.
- Klargester offers a full post installation inspection and after sales service.
- 5-7 working days
- 5-12 Persons
- Install Type:
- Product Type:
- Sewage Treatment Plant
Delivery to remote areas and offshore locations including Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands & Isles, Isle of Man and Channel Islands may incur additional delivery charges. Contact JDP before checkout, or complete your order online and our team will be in touch to discuss delivery.
If you add additional products to your order delivery charges may apply.